December 24, 2008

Topics

Here is a list of things that I would like to examine further in my free time.
  • Analyze and disprove common expressions, such as 'knowledge is power" and "silence is golden"
  • Discuss the phrase "I have no idea about..." with regards to the paradox of inquiry.
  • Collect a number of examples of "good" acts, analyze the similarities, and come up with some sort of working definition of goodness. Nobody's ever been good enough before, but why should that stop me?
  • Deconstruct the different free will positions and attempt a new, satisfying, theory. Alternatively, argue that it is not irrational to use blame/praise language and punishment/rewards without attaching responsibility.
  • Get the word out about the misuse of the term "insane."

I'll update this post as I get more ideas and I'll likely discuss most of them here (though that likely won't happen much during the school year).
Feel free to give suggestions. Digg Technorati Delicious StumbleUpon Reddit Google Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment